investment options in Germany
Are you looking for investment options in Germany that are just as good as the investment opportunities in your home country? Read here how to best invest your money. 🤔
- With PerFinEx Community Invest, you have three different investment options at your disposal
- Pensions offer you a targeted savings opportunity for your future pension. You can choose the investments together with PerFinEx.
- Real estate security tokens allow you to enter the real estate business with little money.
At some point in everyone’s life, the topic of investing money becomes relevant. This is also justified since you want to keep your hard-earned money, or even increase it.
When it comes to investing money, a few basic questions arise regarding how and where best to invest your money in Germany. As in most countries, Germany offers many opportunities to invest your money. These different investment options in Germany all offer advantages and disadvantages.
Primarily, however, the question is whether you want to simply invest the money yourself, or do this with the help of a financial advisor. The difference here is that when investing for yourself, you are left to your knowledge and experience alone. You also have to put time and energy into investing. When investing with the help of an investment program, you do not have this effort, but the annual costs are low, which usually justifies the time savings.
It is important that the decision between the two options is not a final one, or must be. You can also combine both if you think you can better achieve your goals. However, this article, will focus on investment options in Germany with the help of a financial advisor and explain them in more detail.
Investment Option in Germany #1: Community Invest
The PerFinEx Community Invest is a managed investment together with PerFinEx. This takes place by means of a brokerage account. You open your own account for this, which runs in your name and to which only you have access. PerFinEx also has an investment account. With the help of this account, suggestions for actions can be placed in your investment account, which you can accept. Depending on the different strategies, there are different suggestions that are investing in different global ETFs. You can choose from the following three strategies:
- High Safety: This is a more defensive investment strategy (SRRI5). Here, the majority of the capital (about 80%) is invested in exciting bonds. The rest is invested mostly in stocks (about 20%). The bonds are mostly high-yield bonds, while the stocks are mostly high dividend-paying stocks. Thus, a solid return with a lower risk rate is the goal. More information can be found here.
- Passive Income: This investment strategy is a strategy with a risk level between High Return and High Safety (SRRI6). The focus here is on a consistent payout for a solid, and reliable passive income. Investments are made in global stocks with a focus on value, high payout, and real estate. Read more about this strategy here.
- High Return: This investment strategy is a higher-risk option. This can lead to potentially more profit, but also a higher loss rate (SRRI7). The focus here is on growth stocks and megatrends that have a high return potential. You can read more about this here.
Community Invest offers you the opportunity to invest in the stock market. All three of these are long-term investment options and will suit you differently depending on your risk level. With the help of the investment account, you also have maximum flexibility. You can invest in the strategies, make one-time payments, and take the money out again. If you would like to learn more about Community Invest, you can do so here.
Investment Option in Germany #2: Pensions
Pensions are an investment product that can be used specifically to provide for your retirement. You can decide whether you want to invest your money in ETFs and mutual funds, or whether you prefer to let the insurance company choose them for you. You can choose from the following three types of pensions:
- Base Pension Level 1 (Rürup Pension): The big advantage of the base pension is that you can deduct your monthly contributions at your personal tax rate. So, if you are in the 42% tax zone, you get back 42 cents for every euro you invest. In other words, if you invest 10.000€ per year, you will get back 4.200€ that can be invested elsewhere. Thus, you can save for your retirement and at the same time make other investments with tax refunds. You can read more about the base pension here.
- Riester Pension Level 2: Just like the base pension, you can also deduct the Riester pension from your taxes. The maximum contribution that is tax deductible is 2.100€. With this contribution, you will receive a total subsidy rate of 21% of your investments. In addition, at the end of the term, you can choose to have part of the pension as a lump sum payment (maximum 30%). Additionally, the Riester pension offers the use as collateral for a loan for a future home. Click here for more information about the Riester pension.
- Private Pension Level 3: The big advantage of the private pension is the great flexibility. With the base pension, you always get a monthly pension paid out. With the Riester pension, you can receive a maximum one-time payment of 30%. With the private pension, on the other hand, you are completely free to decide how you want your pension to be paid out. In addition, you can use the private pension as loan collateral for a home or investment property. You get your tax advantages with the private pension, not as with the others in the pay-in phase, but in the pay-out phase. You can find out more about private pensions in general and what they look like here.
All pensions in Germany have the advantage, in contrast to an investment account, that everything that happens within the pension insurance is tax-free. So there is no capital gains tax within (only in the pay-out phase). They are therefore very suitable as an investment if you want to provide specifically for your pension.
If you decide to take out pension insurance together with PerFinEx, then this has even more advantages for you. Our service offers to find the best pension provider for you, help you with all the typical German paperwork, and future investment advice for your pension insurance. So, if you think that changes should be made to your current investments, then we are at your disposal to provide for your old age in the best possible way.
Do you need help choosing the right pension for you? Let’s find out together what suits you best.
Investment Option in Germany #3: Real estate security tokens
In contrast to the Community Invest and to pensions, real estate security tokens are pure real estate investments in Germany. For this, the company GermanReal.Estate uses a technology based on a blockchain. This divides a purchased property into one euro fragments, which you can then purchase. Depending on the type of real estate security token, you can invest in different real estate projects.
- Real estate developer: This project type is about real estate developers who want to finance a real estate project. For this, the financing is to be collected by means of real estate security tokens. For the funding, the real estate developer usually grants a fixed interest rate and profit sharing. You can read more details about this option here.
- Community Token: Here the company GermanReal.Estate buys investment properties through an SPV. The properties will be tokenized and these tokens can then be purchased on the GermanReal.Estate website. In this way, new properties are to be bought step by step. You can profit on the one hand through rental income and on the other hand through a potential increase in real estate value. In addition, trading real estate security tokens on a secondary market should be possible in the future. More about the community token here.
Real estate security tokens enable you to invest in real estate in a new way. You can invest in real estate with much less money, are much more flexible about your invested money, and also have tax advantages through the token. If you would like to learn more about real estate security tokens, you can do so here.
Ultimately, you can choose any investment option that you feel is right for you. The important thing is that you feel comfortable with it and you trust the investment option in Germany. Especially if you are saving for yourself or for a relative over a longer period of time, it is advantageous to choose a passive form of savings that you rarely need to access.
It is also important to note that each of the aforementioned forms of investment carries a total risk of loss. So concern yourself enough with your investment decisions to minimize the risk. If you need help choosing the right form of investment option in Germany, you can book a free consultation here.